Info Burgers 🍔
- 7 Steps To Write A Query Letter: A super fun, easy-to-understand, yet highly informative list on how to write a query letter.
- Tips For Writing A Query Letter: Masterclass is one of our contributor’s favorite writing resource—the tips are shared really elegantly.
- Querying Mistakes We Don’t Talk About Often Enough: A funny post from our very own contributor, Lucia, with a list of querying mistakes you should look out for when querying.
- What Is A Query Letter?: A timeless, helpful post for new writers to understand the purpose of query letters.
- Query Letter Salutations: How do you address a female agent who may or may not be married? Check this out!
- The Query Steps: In case you missed this helpful Path2pub guide on assembling a query package.
- Template For Nudging Agents: Have you sent out your query already and need to nudge agents for one reason or the other? Here’s a helpful template.
Special Mention: PitchWars Class Of 2021 Is Up On The Showcase. Check Them Out!
Quote of the Week
“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”–Anaïs Nin
Team Drinks 🍻
- Alex’s – One that made me swoon: contemporary romance Always Only You by Chloe Liese – Grumpy/ Sunshine Trope.
- Reem’s – Heartbreakers and Fakers by Cameron Lund- YA. I also read a March 1st ARC I’m obsessed with, This Might Get Awkward by Kara McDowell!
- Lucia’s– The Maid by Nita Prose. Such a cozy yet beautifully written book. My first ever cozy mystery and a #1 NYT Bestseller for a reason!
- Sarah’s– I just read an ARC of This Golden State by Marit Weisenberg. Comes out March 1st—YA romance/thriller. I’m kinda obsessed with it!
- Amber–A Master of Djinn by P. Djeli Clark and the Shadow of the Fox trilogy by Julie Kagawa.
Tweet Chips 🍟
Tweets from the writing community we think might interest you! These few weeks were quite packed with info and threads on Twitter!
- Avoid Agents That Ask For Payments Upfront!
- An Agent’s Query Stats
- Agent Breaks Down How She Likes Her Query Letters Written
- Agent Breaks Down Using Comps
- New York Times Has Acquired Wordle and Writers Are Not Pleased
- Author Mentor Match Mentee Selections
- Your MS Is Ready For An Agent; But Are You?
- Wondering What Caused The Stir In The Twitter Community? About Word Counts And An Editor Locking Her Account?Here’s a summary
- Literary Agent/Agency Dumped Her Entire Client List And Clients Are Back To Querying
- The Heartbreak Of Starting Again: Either after shelving a manuscript or failing to sell on submissions
- Writer Shares Query Stats—406 Queries Sent In Total
- A Solid Quote About Rewriting A Book
- Advice For New Querying Writers
- Querying 2022–Tips For Writers
- When Offer Of Rep Is Sent By Mistake?!
- Dear World, From Writers
- Editors/Agents Share What They Love About The Publication Process
Got any awesome writerly links to share with us? From your blog or someone else’s? Leave in the comments and we’ll add it next time!