Info Burgers 🍔
- Marissa Meyer’s Query Letter: Cinder came out about a decade ago and now Marissa’s name is one of the most popular in the YA Fantasy world. Here is the query letter that started it all.
- Negativity of Large Fanbases: We writers hope that one day we have many fans vibrating over our work. But is this always a good thing? What happens when your fan base takes on a life of its own?
- How To Use Comps: Fun post on using comps with clear examples.
- After The Book Deal: We know a lot about what happens before the book deal. Here is a sample of an author’s life afterwards.
- Questions Agents Ask When Offering Rep: Here are some questions to prepare to answer when an agent offers you representation.
- Brandon Sanderson Crowdfund For Self-Pub Books Raises Millions Under 24 Hours: If anyone tells you authors don’t make money, show them this.
- When Authors Get Suddenly Inspired: Need a laugh today? Check out this funny skit!
- Agent Q&A: Senior Literary Agent Carly Watters, from PS Literary Agency, shares her answers to the Q&A of her recent webinar Querying 101.
Quote of the Week
“You should write because you love the shape of stories and sentences and the creation of different words on a page. Writing comes from reading, and reading is the finest teacher of how to write.”Annie Proulx
Tweet Chips 🍟
Tweets from the online writing community we hope you enjoy! The twitter publishing scape is quite hot right now with more editors leaving the industry over the weekend.
- Don’t Try To Trick Agents By Querying The Same MS Twice
- From A Cranky Agent Who Wants To Love Your Work
- R.F. Kuang Writing Advice
- Awesome Thread From A Proofreader
- Agent Thread On Sending Rejections
- Pitlight Creator’s Thread On Discontinuing The Twitter Event
- Winners From The Romance Novelists Association Awards
- Editor Of The Atlas Six Explains Reason For Quitting The Industry
- A Thread From An Ex-Editor To Editors
- Things Authors Can Do To Support People In Publishing
- Publishing Isn’t Dying With Editors Leaving; There Are New Talents Waiting To Shine
- A Thread Of The Editors Who Recently Left Publishing
- Returning To Cold Querying After PitchWars
- A Tweet of Solidarity From Agent
- Brandon Sanderson’s Self-Publishing Goal For 2023
- If You Are Seeking Self-Published Authors To Support
- Funny Thread Of Romcom Titles
- #FridayKiss Is Steaming Over Here
- Why Tweeting About Book Peeves Affects Writers
- When Life Becomes Like A Book, And With A Plot Twist
- Writers Are Getting Tired Of Adult Readers Rating YA Books Low For… Reading Like YA
Got any awesome writerly links or quotes to share with us? From your blog or another’s? Leave in the comments and we’ll add it next time!