Info Burgers 🍔
- Agent Query Critique For April: Would you like a critique for your query letter by an agent? Check out our awesome April giveaway.
- Book Aid For Ukraine: If you would like a platform to help out Ukrainians, check out this helpful auction. It consists of awesome stuff from the book world!
- Book World Donates For Ukraine: An article by The Guardian about the project Lucia’s agent founded to financially aid Ukrainians.
- How To Use The Reverse Outline: This is a great tool for revising a manuscript, and one every writer should know about.
- Word Counts For Novels: Are you wondering how long is too long for a novel in your genre? Or how short is too short? Have a look.
- A List Of Upcoming Kidlit Events: In this post, Carolyn B Fraiser made a list of upcoming kidlit events by month. Such a wonderful resource.
- How Fast Do Editors Respond To Submissions: For writers gearing up to go on submissions soon.
- Why The Submissions Process Takes Long: A list of reasons your agents might not have news about your MS months after being on submissions.
- Lessons Learned From The War Of Two Queens Uproar: There is heat in the book world over the turn the popular series From Blood And Ash by JL Armentrout took. Here are lessons Lucia thinks aspiring authors can learn from it.
Tweet Chips 🍟
Links to tweets from the writing community we hope will interest you!
- Don’t Bait Young Agents By Soliciting Their Offers To Land Bigger Agent
- Typos Won’t Disqualify Your Query!
- Is Getting An Agent A Guarantee For Publication?
- Editors, How Can We Help Out? Agent Beseeches Editors
- One Dirty Little Secret About Publishing
- Agent Leaves Industry; Clients Are Back To Querying
- The Publishing Burn Out Could Be Triggered By Rejection At Every Stage
- How Writers Can Deal With The Industry Exodus
- No Book Is Permanently Shelved! Some Just Need The Right Time To Shine
- A Thread Encouraging PitchWars Contestants With Low Stats
- Thread Of Unique Things That Make Us Writers
- What Would You Like To See More In Fantasy?
- The Funny Things Agents See In Publishing Contracts
- When You Flirt With A Writer Who Isn’t Into You
- The Difficulties Of Being A New Agent In The Field
- Find Your People; That Is How To Survive In This Industry
- A Thread Of A Tough But Successful Road To Publication
Quote of the Week
Blessed are the weird people:― Jacob Nordby
poets, misfits, writers
mystics, painters, troubadours
for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.”